The abandoned car fort is a small makeshift fort located immediately northeast of Shalebridge, northwest of the Five Axles Rest Stop and southeast of SatCom Array NW-07c in the Capital Wasteland. There are no living inhabitants.
As the name suggests, it's a fort constructed of derelict cars on top of a highway. In the car fort, there are some dead raiders, a bed, six ammunition boxes, and a small crate containing random food, water and chems. There are some mirelurks below the bridge, and an Enclave outpost will be nearby after The Waters of Life.
- D.C. Journal of Internal Medicine is located to the south of the car fort, past a wrecked train and an irradiated zone, in between some ant egg clutches, next to the corpse of a raider. The corpse may not appear in all games, but the loot should still be there, albeit a bit harder to spot.
- Stealth Boy in the same spot as the D.C. Journal of Internal Medicine. If the corpse is present, it may need to be moved to reveal the Stealth Boy.
- Tales of a Junktown Jerky Vendor at the car fort next to the northwestern bed.
- After The Waters of Life, an Enclave outpost spawns just up the highway, to the northwest.
- There is a random spawn location on the hillside next to this location that can spawn a single raider or 2 bloatflies.
The abandoned car fort appears only in Fallout 3.
- pc ps3 xbox360 The mirelurks below the fort may fly up to the fort's level, allowing them to attack you. [verified]
- pc xbox360 ps3 On very rare occasions an Enclave soldier or officer may spawn near the fort before the Enclave become active within the Capital Wasteland. [verified]