Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Quest: A New Threat|
|Investigate General Atomics factory.|
|Search the robobrain.|
|Speak to Ada.|
|Build the robot workbench in a settlement.|
|Speak to Ada.|
|Install a radar beacon on Ada.|
|Speak to Ada.|
|Reward: 300 XP|
|Leads to: Headhunting|
The quest is activated immediately after completing Mechanical Menace. The Sole Survivor is told by Ada that they need to go to the General Atomics factory. Once there, they have to fight their way through the factory. At the far end of the factory, the player will find a Quantum robobrain. Killing and looting it will give the player the Mechanist device. The Sole Survivor then gives it to Ada who says it is a satellite tracking device. Ada tell them to install it in her so they can use it to their advantage. To do this, the player has to place Ada in a robot workbench which they must build in one of their settlements. Once it is installed on Ada, she will say that in order to utilise it, they have to kill another robobrain somewhere in the Commonwealth that is using the same signal. Ada tells the Sole Survivor she needs them to bring her two additional beacons to decrypt the encryption on the signal. When she says this, she places the locations of the robobrains onto the player's map and the quest ends.
- pc xboxone ps4 Searching the robobrain and obtaining the Mechanist device may not complete the "Search the Robobrain" objective. [verified]
- pc You can move forward with the console command setstage DLC01MQ02 2400
- xboxone ps4 You can uninstall Fallout 4 and DLC. Reinstall the main game and all DLC EXCEPT for Automatron. Load your current save, and then manually save the game. Then, proceed to reinstall Automatron. Reload the save file and the Automatron questline will restart from 'Mechanical Menace'. When that is completed, do not accept Ada's offer to follow you, this will then prompt you to send her to one of your settlements. Do not build a Robot Workbench. After sending Ada off, immediately proceed to 'A New Threat'. The game should be able to register the looting of the Mechanist Device from the Robo-Brain, and open up the next quest. Once this is done, then you may have Ada follow you and build a Robot Workbench.
- pc If the player has built the Robot workbench prior to obtaining the prompt from Ada, the quest will not proceed until the current workbench is scrapped or stored, then rebuilt or placed again. Ada may be modified in other ways, but until the workbench replacement occurs, there will be no option to install the Special Mod that is the Radar Beacon. [verified]
- pc ps4 Attaching the radar beacon to Ada may not complete the "Install Radar Beacon on Ada" objective. [verified]
- pc You can move forward with the console command setstage DLC01MQ02 2900.
- xboxone Upon first entering General Atomics Factory and begins to engage the robots, if the Sole Survivor exits the building, the Robobrain with the Mechanist device will spawn with the player outside.