|Unmarked Quest: A Final Plan for Esteban|
|Go and speak to Pvt. Christina Morales at Camp McCarran to start the quest.|
|Retrieve the corpse of her husband.|
|Carry it to the nearby NCR troopers camped just northwest of where his corpse is found.|
|Return to Pvt. Morales and tell her of your deed.|
|Reward: Good Karma||Reward: 50 caps; discount with Kemp|
Private Morales asks the Courier to retrieve the corpse of Esteban Morales, her deceased husband. Heading south from Camp McCarran toward the map marker is one approach. The body can be found just northeast of the REPCONN headquarters, and the Courier may be approached by an NCR trooper who offers some advice for retrieving the corpse. There are several options at this point, as the location is commonly guarded by Fiends and various traps.
Carry it to the nearby NCR troopers camped just northwest of where his corpse is found.
After recovering the body and returning with the news of her husband's demise to Pvt. Morales, Doctor Kemp at Camp McCarran will offer discounts on both his medical supplies and services.
- One of the troopers at the barricade will mention that they lost a man named Ranger Jackson, but there is no reward for returning Jackson's body. Jackson's body is near the rigged shotgun trap between two nearby buildings (sometimes Jackson's body may not spawn).
- If one approaches the barricade with any significant amount of damage while carrying Morales's body, the stunned NCR troopers will comment on how they sacrificed so much for a stranger.
- Inversely, managing to retrieve the body, starting at full health without taking any damage at all, will elicit a similar level of astonishment at how they managed to pull off what they considered to be a near-impossible feat.
- Troopers at Camp McCarran can be heard complaining about the NCR not retrieving the body and how this is affecting Morales.
- Mr. New Vegas makes a report about this heroic deed once the corpse has been brought back, and Christina Morales has been spoken to.
- pc xbox360 A non-player character may accidentally detonate the mines around the corpse, blowing Private Morales to pieces and not allowing the quest's completion. [verified]
- xbox360 pc Colonel Hsu doesn't always thank you for bringing the body back, after speaking to Pvt. Morales again. [verified]
- ps3 xbox360 pc Mines fail to appear around the corpse, while the tripwire shotgun and bear traps are still in place. [verified]
- xbox360 pc Sometimes Pvt. Christina Morales disappears from the McCarran Concourse Hall after you have started it. If you go to the body, there are no NCR Troopers around to take it to. [verified]
- ps3 xbox360 Sometimes, if you mess about or leave the body at any point (or enter internal locations which require the game to go to a loading screen), it will disappear leaving no other option but to return to an earlier save point and return to the body's location to complete the quest. [verified]
- ps3 Ranger Morales is in pieces before you get even close to the body. There are no mines by it. This means that you cannot complete the quest. He may also be stuck inside the pavement, in which case you cannot shoot him. [verified]
- ps3 xbox360 pc Esteban can be seen blinking even though he is dead. [verified]
- ps3 xbox360 pc Sometimes, you won't receive the mission after talking to Pvt. Christina Morales, but you will be able to complete it regardless, just not get any reward for it. [verified]
- xbox360 pc The NCR trooper at the barricade may comment on how the player sacrificed so much for a stranger and ask if they need a medic, even if the player took no damage and has full health with no broken limbs. [verified]
- pc ps3 xbox360 Sometimes, You will hear NCR troopers say "We still haven't got Morales' body back from the fiends. Sure doesn't inspire confidence in the guys you're serving with." even though you have already taken his corpse back and spoke to private Morales and gotten your reward. [verified]
- ↑ Quest name from Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide
- ↑ NCRCorpseGuard1.txt: "I don't believe it. Who the hell are you, man? How did you just walk right up and pull him out of there?"