| ||For an overview of 5mm rounds in the Fallout series, see 5mm round.|
Weapons using this ammunitionEdit
Ammunition plant Contraptions Workshop
5mm round (10)
- Bought from vendors, from level 24 on the amount increases drastically.
- Found in various military outposts and checkpoints.
- Ack-Ack in USAF Satellite Station Olivia carries a minigun with approximately 600 rounds.
- If an enemy picks up a dropped minigun, they will also spawn 500 rounds of 5mm ammunition in their inventory, making gathering 5mm ammunition considerably easier though the number of enemies that carry them are generally few and far between.
- Certain types of enemies carry huge amounts of 5mm ammo on them, often in excess of 1000 rounds per drop. The most notable examples are Brotherhood of Steel Vertibird door gunners and the experimental sentry bot encountered in the Old Robotics section of the Institute during The Nuclear Option.
- The text on the box claims it contains 7.62x51mm NATO rounds, intended for use with the real-world M134 minigun.