| ||For an overview of 40mm grenade ammunition types in the Fallout series, see 40mm grenade.|
Incendiary grenade projectile
It is a projectile that is fired from a 40mm grenade launcher. These are much bigger than 25mm grenades, but that makes them heavier and harder to fire at great speed. They deal 100 damage in a radius of 11.72 yards (10.72 meters).
Weapons using this ammunitionEdit
- Grenade launcher
- Grenade rifle
40mm grenade, incendiaryEdit
The 40mm incendiary grenade deals 25% less blast damage up front (but the same amount of impact damage from the grenade itself) and has a 40% smaller blast radius (7.03 yards or 6.43 meters) than the normal 40mm, but it also causes enemies to burst into flames, dealing 6 damage every second over a 15 second period. This damage cannot normally be resisted, so incendiary grenades generally work better on armored targets.
40mm grenade, plasmaEdit
A sub-type added with the new add-on Gun Runners' Arsenal. They deal significantly more damage than a 40mm grenade, but have a slightly smaller blast radius.
Note that despite being plasma-based, this does not result in any AP reduction from Plasma Spaz.
40mm grenade, pulseEdit
A sub-type added with the new add-on Gun Runners' Arsenal. They deal an incredibly insignificant amount of damage (only 8 points) to targets and have a 50% smaller blast radius, but deal an extra 150 damage to robots and 60 damage to power armor.
|Ammunition type||- Ammunition type||Spread modifier||- Weapon Spread modifier|
|Damage modifier||- Weapon Damage modifier||Bonus effect||- Ammo bonus effects|
|Damage Threshold modifier||- Target Damage Threshold modifier||Craftable||- Ammo is craftable|
|Condition penalty||- Weapon Condition modifier||Percentage chance of empty casing||- Percentage chance of empty casing, hull or drained cell/pack/tank|
|Ammunition type||Damage modifier||Damage Threshold modifier||Condition penalty||Spread modifier||Bonus effect||Craftable||Percentage chance of empty casing|
|40mm grenade, standard||x 1||x 1||x 1||x 1||no||0% chance|
|40mm grenade, pulse fnvgra||x 0.08||x 1||x 1||x 1||+150 emp robots|
+60 emp power armor
x 0.5 AoE radius
|40mm grenade, incendiary||x 0.75||x 1||x 1||x 1||+6 fire for 15s|
x 0.6 AoE radius
|40mm grenade, plasma fnvgra||x 1.3||x 1||x 1||x 1||x 0.87 AoE radius||no||0% chance|
- Sold by the Great Khan armorer at Red Rock Canyon.
- Arms merchant at the 188 trading post.
- The Silver Rush will have them and the Gun Runners Arsenal variants in stock.
- Johnson Nash in Primm and Lacey at the Mojave Outpost barracks are good sources, though not always having them in stock.
- Nellis Air Force Base, sold by a munitions trader in the Mess hall & munitions storage area.
- There's six grenades and a grenade rifle in a safe at the rigged house in Nipton.
- Quartermaster Bardon at Hoover Dam may sell over 200 at a time.
- Various roving non-player character bands (Legionaries, Vipers, Jackals) may spawn with grenade rifles or launchers, and associated ammunition. Unlike other weapons wielded by non-companion non-player characters, these use ammunition, so there may be none left unless they're killed before their supply is expended.
- Every survivalist hidden cache in Honest Hearts is guaranteed to hold at least one 40mm grenade, and can hold up to seven per bag.
- Pearl has 30 40mm grenades in her possession and 12 in her barracks, on a shelf.
- 32, found on a dead Brotherhood of Steel paladin in the Dead Wind Cavern.
- 4 in a wall safe in the The Tops presidential suite.
- 24 in Nellis array's generator room, on shelves with lots of other ammo.
- 24 in the Vault 34 armory.
- For the GRA ammo types, the Boomer munitions manager sells them; entering the Mess hall & munitions storage triggers his inventory to replenish. Just exit and re-enter and he will restock.
Behind the scenesEdit
The model for the 40mm grenades when dropped is identical to the model used for the .308 round in Fallout 3.