Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
| ||For the Pip-Boy radio in Fallout 3, see Fallout 3 radio stations.|
A model 2043B Radio Communicator, from the fine people at Wattz Electronics. Dependable, rugged, and camouflaged. With the optional RS-121 interface.”
The radio may be used to cause a diversion among the super mutants patrolling the outer regions of the Northern Military Base, allowing easier access to the base's interior. Attempting to use the radio in other locations elicits a squeal of unintelligible static. It can also be linked with the computer that controls the force fields within the military base to gain remote control over them.
- Lars, the head of the guards near the entrance of Junktown, has one he is willing to trade. Lars' price is about half of what Mitch charges for his at the All-n-One Store in the Hub.
- It can also be found on level 5 of the Glow.
- One can also be found on the dying mutant in the deathclaw's lair.
- A unique, broken radio can be used to help Vic to repair Metzger's radio in order to free him from Slaver's Guild.
- One can be found in a locked locker in Vault City, in the repair building where Valerie appears.
- One is located in a footlocker within a locked room on level 2 of the vault in Vault City.
- Another can be found on a bench in the basement of New Reno Arms, along with a Geiger counter.
- Chris at the entrance to Navarro carries one and it can either be stolen, or looted after having killed him.
- Most of the dead Enclave soldiers carry one in the Mariposa Military Base.
Behind the scenesEdit
The mentioned RS-121 interface is a play on the real-world EIA/TIA-232 serial interface commonly known as RS-232 (each digit decreased by one.)