188 trading post
The 188 trading post is a location in the Mojave Wasteland. It is a small outpost made up of makeshift shacks and tents. Veronica Santangelo, a potential companion, can be recruited here. The trading post is located on the intersection of Highway 93 and Highway 95, directly north of El Dorado Dry Lake, west-northwest of Boulder City, and south of Camp Golf.
Established by Michelle and her father Samuel after the Powder Gangers break-out down at Primm forced traders northward, the 188 Trading Post now a bustling trading spot, catering to the NCR from Boulder City and Hoover Dam, as well as offering good connections down the Highway 95.
A great deal of travelers pass through the trading post. As I-15 was shut down due to deathclaws overrunning Quarry Junction, Highway 93 became the only way for NCR citizens to safely reach New Vegas. Coming, people casually spend the money they had conserved for gambling at the casinos. Going, the same people (now completely depleted of all their money) also go through the 188, this time willing to literally give the shirts off their backs to avoid starving before making it back to their homes in the NCR.
Its name comes from the actual spot it's in; it is situated at the intersection of Highways 93 and 95 - the two numbers add up to 188.
Campfires and vehicles/shacks on an overpass can be seen in this location. There is an arms merchant at the left end of the overpass, and Veronica Santangelo, a recruitable companion, resides near the center of the overpass by the picnic table. Facing Veronica is the merchant Samuel Kerr and his daughter Michelle Kerr who runs a small shop cooperatively. Samuel is the bartender and repairman of the shop.
Above the overpass to the north there is a very small NCR garrison with a tent (a couple of free beds inside are available for sleeping). There are also a few NCR troops wandering around the tent. Later on at high levels, some of these NCR troopers will be replaced with NCR heavy troopers equipped with various high-level weaponry such as heavy incinerators.
- Ezekiel: A member of the Followers of the Apocalypse.
- Veronica Santangelo: A scribe with the Brotherhood of Steel. She's also a permanent companion that gives the Scribe Assistant perk.
- Samuel Kerr: Co-owner of the trading post. Sells food, drinks and offers repair services.
- Michelle Kerr: Co-owner of the trading post, together with Samuel. Sells weapons, ammunition, as well as food.
- Arms merchant: A former NCR soldier. Sells weapons, ammunition, weapon mods, armor and clothing and miscellaneous items.
- Alexander: A member of the Gun Runners who sells weapons, modifications, junk, and ammunition if a Guns skill check is passed. His offerings are not as broad as the main Gun Runner shop, but he generally sells items not commonly sold there.
- Gun Runner guard: A mercenary hired by Alexander as a bodyguard.
- The Forecaster: A young fortune teller. Sells various "thoughts" about "You," (the Courier) "Everywhere," and "Here" for 100 caps each.
Sunset Sarsaparilla star bottle cap - lying on the bar that Samuel is behind.
This place may be attacked by Legionary assassins.
The 188 trading post appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.