Fallout: New Vegas locations project
188 trading post
The 188 trading post is a location in the Mojave Wasteland. It is a small outpost made up of makeshift shacks and tents. Veronica Santangelo, a potential companion, can be recruited here. The trading post is located directly north of El Dorado Dry Lake, west-northwest of Boulder City, and south of Camp Golf.
Established by Michelle and her father Samuel after the Powder Gangers break-out down at Primm forced traders northward, the 188 Trading Post now a bustling trading spot, catering to the NCR from Boulder City and Hoover Dam, as well as offering good connections down the Highway 95.
A great deal of travelers pass through the trading post. As I-15 was shut down due to deathclaws overrunning Quarry Junction, Highway 93 became the only way for NCR citizens to safely reach New Vegas. Coming, people casually spend the money they had conserved for gambling at the casinos. Going, the same people (now completely depleted of all their money) also go through the 188, this time willing to literally give the shirts off their backs to avoid starving before making it back to their homes in the NCR.
Its name comes from the actual spot it's in; it is situated at the intersection of Highways 93 and 95 - the two numbers add up to 188.
Campfires and vehicles/shacks on an overpass can be seen in this location. There is an arms merchant at the left end of the overpass, and Veronica Santangelo, a recruitable companion, resides near the center of the overpass. Facing Veronica is the merchant Samuel Kerr and his daughter Michelle Kerr who run a small shop. Samuel can also repair items.
Above the overpass to the north there is a very small NCR garrison with some tents (a couple of free beds inside are available for sleeping). There are also a few unnamed generic NCR troops, later on at a high enough level the NCR troopers will be replaced with NCR heavy troopers equipped with heavy incinerators and super sledges.
- Ezekiel: Associated with the Followers of the Apocalypse.
- Veronica Santangelo: Associated with the Brotherhood of Steel. She's also a permanent companion that gives the Scribe Assistant perk.
- Samuel Kerr: Sells food and offers repair services.
- Michelle Kerr: Sells weapons, ammunition, and food.
- Arms merchant: Sells weapons, ammunition, weapon mods, armor and clothing, and miscellaneous items.
- Alexander: A Gun Runner who sells weapons, weapon mods, miscellaneous items, and ammunition if a speech check is passed. His offerings are not as broad as the main Gun Runner shop, but he generally sells items not commonly sold there.
- Gun Runners guard: Alexander's bodyguard.
- The Forecaster: Sells 'thoughts' about "You", "Everywhere", and "Here" for 100 caps each.
- Sunset Sarsaparilla star bottle cap - laying on the bar that Samuel is behind.
- This place is often attacked by Legionary assassins.
The 188 trading post appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.