| ||For an overview of 14mm pistols in the Fallout games, see SIG-Sauer pistol.|
A Sig-Sauer 14mm Auto Pistol. Large, singleshot handgun. Excellent craftsmanship.”
In Fallout, the Sig-Sauer is a powerful, large-caliber handgun equalling the double-barreled Shotgun in damage per shot, but with a significantly greater range and magazine capacity. As such, it compares favorably to most other non-energy pistols in the game. It uses the submachine gun sprite, which makes it usable by SMG-oriented NPCs like Ian and Katja.
In Fallout 2, the 14mm pistol is crippled by the absence of hollow point ammunition -- as the only round available for the weapon, the 14mm AP (along with most other AP ammunition) was given the unfavorable Damage Modifier of 1/2. This halves the weapon's damage output, seriously affecting its usefulness in the later stages of the game.
Fallout: New VegasEdit
In its New Vegas incarnation, the weapon was restored to its original glory and beyond.
- Carried by one of the raiders at Irwin's Farm
- Carried by the thug Leon in the Hub Heights area.
- 2 in the Glow; one on a corpse near Dennis Allen's body, another inside a wall locker in the room opposite of Dennis.
- Neal, the Skum Pitt owner and bartender, carries one.
- Smitty in the Boneyard has one for sale, he also carries one but is unable to use it.
- Lorraine in the same area also has one, and can use it.
- Sold by Jake in Old Town
- Sold by Percival Crump in Gecko and by Randal in Vault City.
- Sold by Jo in Modoc.
- One can be found in the Redding police building, in the office footlocker at the base of the bed.
- Usually sold by Eldridge at New Reno Arms. He also carries one himself, for a character who prefers the more violent route.
- Can be stolen from Jacob the Chemist from the Broken Hills downtown area.
- The 14mm pistol, despite being called one, uses sub-machine gun animations. This prevents certain characters like John Cassidy or Vic from using it, but allows others such as Katja and Sulik to do so.
- According to the Fallout demo, the SIG-Sauer 14mm pistol's name was originally "S-S Semi Auto Pistol". The name was changed and a short description added.
| || |
| || |