| ||For an overview of 10mm ammunition types in the Fallout series of games, see 10mm.|
Before the War, 10mm was the standard ammo for the Bureau of Alcohol, Drugs, Tobacco, Firearms and Lasers, while the military was more reliant on experimental energy weapons.
A medium caliber, high velocity auto-pistol round manufactured before the Great War.
Weapons using this ammunitionEdit
- 10mm pistol
- 10mm submachine gun
- Sleepytyme Gun Runners' Arsenal
- Shoulder mounted machine gun Lonesome Road (add-on)
Standard and JHP 10mm rounds can be crafted at a reloading bench. A single cartridge requires the following ingredients:
Powder, pistol (9)
10mm rounds (1)
Powder, pistol (12)
10mm JHP (hand load) (1)
Breaking down a standard 10mm round yields:
10mm round (1)
Powder, pistol (7)
10mm, hollow pointEdit
Hollow point bullets mushroom and break up on impact, causing massive trauma on fleshy, unarmored targets. However, this also means they break up when they hit things like armor plate, drastically reducing the bullet's penetrating power.
10mm, JHP (hand load)Edit
A jacketed hollow point is a round designed with a harder outer metal coating with a hollowed cavity tip. The result is higher stopping power and wound trauma with increased armor penetration when compared to standard hollow point rounds, but inflict slightly less damage.
|Ammunition type||- Ammunition type||Spread modifier||- Weapon Spread modifier|
|Damage modifier||- Weapon Damage modifier||Bonus effect||- Ammo bonus effects|
|Damage Threshold modifier||- Target Damage Threshold modifier||Craftable||- Ammo is craftable|
|Condition penalty||- Weapon Condition modifier||Percentage chance of empty casing||- Percentage chance of empty casing, hull or drained cell/pack/tank|
|Ammunition type||Damage modifier||Damage Threshold modifier||Condition penalty||Spread modifier||Craftable||Percentage chance of empty casing|
|10mm round, standard||x 1||x 1||x 1||x 1||yes||20% chance|
|10mm round, JHP (hand load)||x 1.65||x 2||x 1||x 1||yes||10% chance|
|10mm round, hollow point||x 1.75||x 3||x 1||x 1||no||20% chance|
- A large number can be found in Vault 34 and on the Ghouls that inhabit the vault.
- Quartermaster Bardon at Hoover Dam will stock extremely large numbers of this ammunition, usually over 2000 regular rounds and over 100 hollow points.
- The Great Khan armorer will also stock large amounts, usually over 1000.
- Usually stocked in high amounts by the Vendortron at the Gun Runners.
- Cliff Briscoe at the Dino Bite gift shop in Novac randomly stocks regular and hollow point rounds.
The static object for the ammunition box reads "50 CENTER FIRE CARTRIDGES".