| ||For an overview of 10mm pistol models in the Fallout series of games, see 10mm pistol.|
After the phase out of the N80 in 2051, the N99 sidearm became standard issue military gear. The N99 was known for its ability to survive in the harshest of conditions and did so in many tests, as the weapon was able to reliably be restored to working condition after an extended period of time exposed to hard elements and without maintenance.
The N99 proved to stand up to its claims and as a result, is one of the most common weapons found in use in the wasteland. While many civilian weapons were ruined beyond use in the extreme conditions following the War, the N99 is commonly able to be easily restored to working order by anyone with even the most basic knowledge of firearm mechanics. Vault-Tec issued them to vault security units, as seen in Vault 101 where the security is only armed with N99's.
However, an N99 in poor condition can often deliver low target and armor penetration, frequent jamming, and greatly reduced accuracy. Fortunately, the weapon was produced in great numbers and many units are available for replacement parts.
Most N99s found in the Commonwealth are equipped with short barrels.
The pistol uses 10mm ammunition, commonly found in Washington, D.C. and the surrounding wasteland. It is similar to the Colt 6520, which is more common on the West Coast. It is also the first actual gun available in the game, and can be found in many other places around the game world.
The 10mm pistol is almost always a superior choice to its counterpart, the Chinese pistol. It has a faster, more predictable fire rate, much greater accuracy, and better damage. It is also a generally more common find.
The 10mm pistol can fire a total of about 556 rounds, the equivalent of 47 reloads, from full condition before breaking, an amount roughly half of what the Chinese pistol can fire.
- Silenced 10mm pistol - While not unique, the silenced 10mm pistol is a suppressed version of this weapon. Although weaker, it does not give away its user's position when fired while sneaking.
- Sim version Operation: Anchorage (add-on) - A sim-only version of the weapon which has been re-skinned to appear newer and less worn. It also differs in health, with a whopping 999,150 hit points, essentially preventing the gun from ever degrading, This weapon is not normally accessible outside of the simulation.
- Colonel Autumn's 10mm pistol - carried by Enclave High Commander Augustus Autumn, the Colonel's 10mm pistol is nearly twice as powerful as the regular version.
- Butch's 10mm pistol - a unique pistol used by Butch DeLoria when acting as a companion.
- Sonora Cruz' 10mm pistol - a unique pistol found on Sonora Cruz. It deals a whopping 100 damage, but Sonora always flees from enemies and never uses her pistol.
|The following is based on Fallout 3 cut content and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
- 10mm alloy steel pistol - another version of the weapon was cut from the Operation Anchorage add-on, it differs from the standard 10mm pistol in appearance only, using the same new skin as the sim only version.
|End of information based on Fallout 3 cut content.|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||Attacks in V.A.T.S.||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||Action point cost||- Action point cost|
|Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per action point||- Damage per action point|
|Damage per second||- Damage per second||Weapon spread||- Weapon spread|
|Area of effect damage||- Area of effect damage||Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|Effect damage & duration||- Effect damage & duration||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|Bonus effects||- Bonus effects||Weight||- Weight|
|Attacks per second||- Attacks per second||Value in caps||- Value in caps|
|Critical chance % multiplier||- Critical chance % multiplier||Value to weight ratio||- Value to weight ratio|
|Critical damage||- Critical damage||Skill required||- Skill required|
|Critical effect damage & duration||- Critical effect damage & duration||Strength required||- Strength required|
|With all mods attached||- With all mods attached|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per second||Attacks per second||Critical Chance % multiplier||Critical damage||Action Point cost||Damage per action point||Weapon spread||Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||Weight||Value in caps||Value to weight ratio|
|Colonel Autumn's 10mm pistol||13||78||6||x1||13||17||0.8||0.5||12||577||3||325||108.3|
|Silenced 10mm pistol||8||48||6||x2||5||21||0.4||0.5||12||333||3||250||83.3|
- This is the first real gun available, as Amata offers one to the Lone Wanderer at the beginning of the quest Escape!, who can then choose to accept it or tell her to keep it. The pistol is also in perfect condition, and will be useful to low level players. It belongs to her father, whom she stole it from.
- It is found in large quantities throughout the Capital Wasteland, as low and medium level raiders and wastelanders often use the weapon.
- It can be found in many random safes throughout the wasteland, mostly easy locked ones.
- Amata will carry one into the wastes if the player chooses to drive everyone out of Vault 101, after the quest Trouble on the Homefront.
- Officers Wilkins, Wolfe, Richards, O'Brian, Taylor and Gomez all carry the 10mm pistol.
- Four in Rivet City's Bridge tower's armory
- Alphonse Almodovar will carry one during the quest, Trouble on the Homefront.
- Millicent Wellington will use a 10mm pistol to kill her husband Edgar Wellington II if shown the Love letter.
- Bannon, Birch, Colin Moriarty, the ghoul scientist, Greta, Jason Proud, Jessica, Joe Porter, Machete, Nathaniel Vargas, Pappy, Initiate Pek, Sonora Cruz, Ted Strayer, Weston Lesko and Winthrop all use the 10mm pistol.
- One is found inside the abandoned house in Grayditch, next door to the Brandice's house.
- Two can be found in the National Guard depot's armory.
| || |