| ||For an overview of 10mm pistols in the Fallout universe, see 10mm pistol.|
After the phase out of the N80 in 2051, the N99 sidearm became standard issue military gear. The N99 was known for its ability to survive in the harshest of conditions and did so in many tests, as the weapon was reliably able to be restored to working condition after an extended period of time exposed to hard elements and without maintenance.
The N99 proved to stand up to its claims and as a result is one of the most common weapons found in use in the wasteland. While many civilian weapons were ruined beyond use in the extreme conditions following the War, the N99 is commonly able to be easily restored to working order by anyone with even the most basic knowledge of firearm mechanics. Vault-Tec issued them to vault security units, as seen in Vault 101 where the security is only armed with N99's.
However, an N99 in poor condition can often deliver low target and armor penetration, frequent jamming, and greatly reduced accuracy. Fortunately, the weapon was produced in great numbers and many units are available for replacement parts.
Most N99s found in the Commonwealth are equipped with short barrels, while those in the Capital and Mojave Wastelands are equipped with long barrels.
Though it is easily obtained, the pistol is prone to breaking after a short period of use, so carefully-aimed shots are important. Its iron-sights are also slightly misaligned, with the front post being aligned slightly to the left of center. However, it does benefit from being considered an improved holdout weapon, and can be concealed and taken into weapon-free locations with a Sneak skill of 50 or greater.
Compared to the 12.7mm pistol, the 10mm has a tighter spread (even better with the laser sight mod) and a larger magazine, but half the damage/DPS.
The 10mm pistol can fire a total of about 395 standard rounds, the equivalent of 33 magazines, or 25 reloads when modded with extended magazines, from full condition before breaking.
|Ammunition type||Unmodified||W/ Extended mags|
|Standard, HP & JHP||395||33||395||25|
- 10mm pistol extended mags - increases ammunition capacity (+4)
- 10mm pistol laser sight - decreases spread by 0.4, and adds laser sight effect
- 10mm pistol silencer - silences the weapon
|The following is based on Fallout: New Vegas cut content and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
- 10mm heavy frame - cut from the game
|End of information based on Fallout: New Vegas cut content.|
- Weathered 10mm pistol
- Veronica's 10mm pistol - a unique non-playable 10mm pistol used by Veronica. The only difference between it and the standard 10mm pistol is its usage of companion ammunition.
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||Attacks in V.A.T.S.||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||Action point cost||- Action point cost|
|Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per action point||- Damage per action point|
|Damage per second||- Damage per second||Weapon spread||- Weapon spread|
|Area of effect damage||- Area of effect damage||Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|Effect damage & duration||- Effect damage & duration||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|Bonus effects||- Bonus effects||Weight||- Weight|
|Attacks per second||- Attacks per second||Value in caps||- Value in caps|
|Critical chance % multiplier||- Critical chance % multiplier||Value to weight ratio||- Value to weight ratio|
|Critical damage||- Critical damage||Skill required||- Skill required|
|Critical effect damage & duration||- Critical effect damage & duration||Strength required||- Strength required|
|With all mods attached||- With all mods attached|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per second||Attacks per second||Critical Chance % multiplier||Critical damage||Action Point cost||Damage per action point||Weapon spread||Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||Weight||Value in caps||Value to weight ratio||Skill required||Strength required|
|10mm pistol With all weapon mods attached||22||60.5||2.75||x1||22||17||1.3||0.4||16||395||3||2900||966.7||25||4|
|Weathered 10mm pistol fnvcs||24||66||2.75||x1||24||17||1.4||0.8||12||545||3||1200||400||0||4|
|Weathered 10mm pistol With all weapon mods attached fnvcs||24||66||2.75||x1||24||17||1.4||0.4||16||545||3||3350||1116.7||0||4|
- Camp Guardian caves - on the ground in one of the passages.
- Crimson Caravan Company - on the top bunk, inside the barracks. Must be stolen.
- Durable Dunn's sacked caravan - found near a skeleton just northeast of the bridge in the open desert.
- Goodsprings source - in the ammunition box found at the unmarked clifftop encampment to the southwest.
- Gun Runners - can be bought from the Vendortron.
- NCR Military Police HQ - on a shelf in the armory. Must be stolen.
- Nipton Hall - inside the storage room, located behind the mayor's desk.
- Novac - on a table in one of the generic houses. Needs to be stolen.
- Vault 3 - in the Recreation Area.
- Vault 11 - can be found on the floor of the entry room, near the skeletons.
- Vault 34 - several can be found throughout the vault and 5 more 10mm pistols are located in the armory.
- Powder gangers and convicts may carry these.
- Used by many of the Jackals, Vipers, Scorpions and Kings gang members.
- Can be bought off of various merchants.
- One of the thugs guarding Andy Scabb's room carries one.
- Nevada Highway Patrol station - the two Jackals gang members outside of the station will be carrying 10mm pistols.
It is slightly stronger than the 9mm pistol, and the ammunition is about just as common. However, 10mm ammunition features no armor penetrating variant. The pistol begins to become available at the Nevada Highway Patrol station (home of a group of Jackals) for repair of the pistol found near Goodsprings at the beginning of the game.
- ps3 Sometimes when equipping a 10mm pistol modded with extended mag, the mag may appear under the trigger. This bug can be fixed by re-equipping the weapon. [verified]
- ps3 Sometimes when you equip the 10mm pistol, the laser sight modification may not be activated. To fix this, simply un-equip the pistol and re-equip it. [verified]
- ps3 The weapon may also turn invisible while aiming down the sight. [verified]
- pc ps3 xbox360 If loading a saved game from the main menu in which you have the 10mm pistol equipped and drawn, the reload animation takes twice as long as normal. This can be solved by simply switching to another gun and then back again. [verified]
| || |