O really, Borous? All you did in High School was Commie fink-tattle-tale on all the kids you hated, you little teacher's pet brown-hound.”
Doctor 0 is a pre-War doctor that became a think tank to continue his work at Big MT. Doctor 0's scientific specialty is in robots, both in construction and deconstruction. He also has a large hatred for Mr. House and built Muggy with the intent of mocking House's securitrons.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
- Old World Blues: If Klein can't be convinced otherwise, 0, along with 2 other members of the Think Tank, is needed to convince Klein to give up trying to escape the Big MT.
- Picking Your Brains: After completing Welcome to the Big Empty, the player needs to talk to 0 and the rest of the think tanks to complete this quest.
- Welcome to the Big Empty: The player has to talk to 0 as with the rest of the Think tank to complete the quest.
- What's In A Name?: The player must have 9 Intelligence or the Math Wrath perk in order to help him with his name problem. The player character will suggest adding a slash through the zero to differentiate between a zero and O.
- If the player has accessed the correct dialogue options during the initial dialogue, he will occasionally give the player 50 caps upon request.
Effects of player's actionsEdit
If the player has helped out 0 with his name problem, and the player doesn't have a 100 in Science or 85 in Medicine to convince Dr. Klein, 0 will side with the player in convincing Klein to back down.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|-||Electron charge pack, over charge
Microfusion cell, over charge
- Appropriately, his house in Higgs Village is #00.
- He has a portrait of Mr. House in his home at Higgs Village that has several knives thrown at it. The portrait is identical to the one in the House Resort, only smaller.
- He has a bigger mouth in comparison to his partners.
- If you are working for House, you can tell him. His subsequent quote is a reference to the comparison of Nikola Tesla and Thomas Edison where Tesla died poor and lonely and Edison died rich, with Dr. 0 hoping that House would share the fate of Tesla.
- "I have a gift with machines. I can render anything inoperable - preserve them in a non-functioning state."
- "Breaking News: Talking Lobotomite arrives in Think Tank. Its purpose? Unknown. Undefinable. Its presence here? Unpossible."
- "You're always yelling! My receptors can't take it anymore - and neither can my feelings!"
- "Ten? Borous... why the hell did you install an atomic core?! It'll blow when we reach "one," right?"
- "O really, Borous? All you did in High School was Commie fink-tattle-tale on all the kids you hated, you little teacher's pet brown-hound."
Behind the scenesEdit
- James Urbaniak also plays the voice of Dr. Thaddeus S. "Rusty" Venture of The Venture Bros.
- If you have the Wild Wasteland trait active, one of his broadcast messages across the crater asks the lobotomites to please remember to clean the walking eye. This is another reference to the Venture Bros. With Wild Wasteland, these walking eyes also appear in the magnetohydraulics complex, although the player cannot interact with them.
- Dr. O could also be a reference to Dr. Orpheus, the necromantic neighbor of Dr. Venture in the cartoon. Hank and Dean usually shorten Dr. Orpheus' name to "Dr. O."
- Both names, 0 (number) and O (letter) are infinitely looping figures, which goes along with the naming theme of the Think Tank Scientists.
- Dr. 0's personality was originally intended to be a frenetic, hyperactive newscaster type, but was re-written to a "scientist-who's-aware-he's-not-brilliant-or-valued". This can still be seen when talking to him before the main quest is finished.
- An early version of the concept behind Dr. 0 was due to appear in the cut Fallout 2 location The Environmental Protection Agency. In this version "Hologram 00000" is the director of science for the facility and possesses Dr 0's communication style.