| ||For an overview of .50 ammunition types in the Fallout series of games, see .50 caliber.|
.50 MG bullet compared to .22LR bullet (left) and complete round (right)
The .50 MG is a large caliber heavy machine gun and long-range anti-materiel rifle round. It is the largest, most expensive, and heaviest conventional Guns ammunition in the game. The only weapons using it are the anti-materiel rifle and the GRA anti-materiel rifle. It has a weight of 0.25 pounds per round in Hardcore mode, the same weight as a 25mm grenade.
Weapons using this ammunitionEdit
Standard and match .50MG rounds can be crafted at a reloading bench. A single cartridge requires the following ingredients:
Powder, rifle (22)
.50 MG round (1)
Powder, rifle (25)
.50 MG Match (hand load) (1)
Breaking down a .50MG yields:
.50 MG round (1)
Powder, rifle (20)
.50 MG, armor piercingEdit
Armor-piercing rounds are designed to pierce through armor plating; for this purpose, they have a specially hardened penetrating tip. Due to the high muzzle velocity and penetrative properties of the bullet, damage to the target is slightly reduced. These rounds are best used against hardened or armored targets, where penetration is necessary.
.50 MG, match (hand load)Edit
Match rounds are high-quality rounds manufactured to have identical powder amount, shape, and weight. Match rounds will always be more effective than AP if weapon condition is more than 75%. When the anti-materiel rifle is utilizing this round, it has the lowest spread of any weapon in the game other than the alien blaster and Elijah's jury-rigged Tesla cannon, which have no spread at all. It requires the Hand Loader perk to craft.
.50 MG, incendiaryEdit
Incendiary rounds are designed for igniting targets and are usually used for equipment disposal at extreme ranges. They effectively replace hollow points for .50 MG weapons, as they are more effective on unarmored or lightly armored targets due to the added incendiary effect. .50 MG incendiary rounds are affected by the Pyromaniac perk, however, due to the pricing, these munitions must be used with discretion.
.50 MG, explosiveEdit
Only available with the Gun Runners' Arsenal add-on, these rounds are designed to create a secondary explosion upon impact with their target. These are particularly useful against hard armored targets. The explosion created by the round has splash damage, can knock down targets, and is useful for taking out or damaging small groups of enemies.
|Ammunition type||- Ammunition type||Spread modifier||- Weapon Spread modifier|
|Damage modifier||- Weapon Damage modifier||Bonus effect||- Ammo bonus effects|
|Damage Threshold modifier||- Target Damage Threshold modifier||Craftable||- Ammo is craftable|
|Condition penalty||- Weapon Condition modifier||Percentage chance of empty casing||- Percentage chance of empty casing, hull or drained cell/pack/tank|
|Ammunition type||Damage modifier||Damage Threshold modifier||Condition penalty||Spread modifier||Bonus effect||Craftable||Percentage chance of empty casing|
|.50 MG, standard||x 1||x 1||x 1||x 1||yes||25% chance|
|.50 MG, armor piercing||x 0.95||- 15||x 1||x 1||no||25% chance|
|.50 MG, match (hand load)||x 1.15||x 1||x 1||x 0.65||yes||20% chance|
|.50 MG, incendiary||x 1||x 1||x 1||x 1||+2 fire for 5s||no||25% chance|
|.50 MG, explosive fnvgra||x 1||x 1||x 1||x 1||+80 explosion||no||25% chance|
- Can be bought from the Vendortron at the Gun Runners, both standard and incendiary rounds.
- Alexander occasionally sells them.
- The Great Khan armorer also sells them.
- Quartermaster Bardon will sell them in large quantities.
- Mick in Freeside sells them at higher levels.
- With the Gun Runners' Arsenal add-on installed, traveling merchants will sometimes sell explosive rounds.
- Knight Torres, the quartermaster at the Hidden Valley sells them.
- Lonesome Road (add-on) Can be found on The Courier's Mile, and Long 15.
- Similar to Two-Step Goodbye, damage dealt with explosive rounds is not affected by the Demolition Expert, Hit the Deck, or Splash Damage perks.
- The icon suggest the .50 MG is the full metal jacket type of ammunition.
- .50 MG, match rounds have the highest skill requirement of any craftable item. 100 points in Repair is required.