The .45 Auto round is a large caliber auto-pistol cartridge, also suitable for submachine guns. After the completion of Honest Hearts the ammunition type will also begin appearing in the main game, sold by most suppliers (i.e., Gun Runners, Cliff Briscoe, Mick & Ralph's, etc.).
Weapons using this ammunition
- .45 Auto pistol Honest Hearts
- A Light Shining in Darkness Honest Hearts
- .45 Auto submachine gun Honest Hearts
Standard, +P and super .45 Auto rounds can be crafted at a reloading bench. A single cartridge requires the following ingredients:
|Name||Skill Requirement||Produced on||Items Required|
|.45 Auto Honest Hearts||Repair: 25||Reloading bench||Case, .45 Auto (1)||Lead (16)||Powder, pistol (8)||Primer, large pistol (1)|
|.45 Auto, +P Honest Hearts||Repair: 45||Reloading bench||Case, .45 Auto (1)||Lead (17)||Powder, pistol (10)||Primer, large pistol (1)|
|.45 super (hand load) Honest Hearts||Repair: 80||Reloading bench||Case, .45 Auto (1)||Lead (19)||Powder, pistol (12)||Primer, large pistol (1)|
Breaking down a .45 Auto round yields:
|Name||Skill Requirement||Produced on||Items Produced|
|.45 Auto Honest Hearts||Repair: 25||Reloading bench||Case, .45 Auto||Lead (16)||Powder, pistol (8)||Primer, large pistol|
.45 Auto, +P
.45 Auto, +P (Over-pressure) is an ammunition designed to fire at a higher internal pressure than standard ammunition to ensure higher velocity, stopping power and a slight armor piercing ability but at the cost of requiring more maintenance than usual. This ammunition can be bought at most vendors in small quantities. It can also be made at a reloading bench.
.45 Auto, hollow point
.45 Auto, hollow points is an ammunition manufactured by Federal Cartridge corporation and designed to mushroom and break up on impact, causing massive trauma on fleshy, unarmored targets. However, this also means they break up when they hit things like armor plating, drastically reducing the weapon's penetrating power.
.45 super (hand load)
.45 super is an ammunition load designed for much higher pressures than the gun was originally intended to fire. Muzzle velocity is 20% greater than even +P resulting in much better armor penetration and damage, but causing considerable wear to guns not specially designed to operate these "Wildcat" rounds. You must take the Hand Loader perk to craft this round at a reloading bench.
|.45 Auto||x 1||x 1||x 1||x 1||Yes|
|.45 Auto, +P||x 1.1||- 2||x 1.2||x 1||Yes|
|.45 Auto, hollow point||x 1.75||x 3||x 1||x 1||No|
|.45 super (hand load)||x 1.3||- 4||x 2.5||x 1||Yes|
- The .45 Auto round is the only type of ammunition to have different ammunition box models for the different ammunition variants.
- This type of ammo is limited to vendors outside of Zion.
- .45 Auto rounds are one of only 2 ammunition type that can be broken down into exactly the same number of materials needed for their construction, the other being Rockets
- The Great Khan armorer and Quartermaster Bardon will stock huge amounts of this ammunition and its casings after the completion of Honest Hearts, Bardon is especially reliable as he will usually have over 1200 regular and over 200 +P.