| ||For an overview of .45 ammunition types in various Fallout games, see .45 caliber.|
The .45 Auto round is a manufactured by Union Cartridge, and is a large caliber auto-pistol cartridge for pistols and some submachine guns. After the completion of Honest Hearts, the ammunition type will also begin appearing in the main game.
Weapons using this ammunitionEdit
- .45 Auto pistol Honest Hearts
- A Light Shining in Darkness Honest Hearts
- .45 Auto submachine gun Honest Hearts
Standard, +P and super .45 Auto rounds can be crafted at a reloading bench. A single cartridge requires the following ingredients:
Powder, pistol (8)
.45 auto rounds (1)
Powder, pistol (10)
.45 auto, +P (1)
Powder, pistol (12)
.45 super (hand load) (1)
Breaking down a .45 Auto round yields:
.45 Auto rounds (1)
Powder, pistol (8)
.45 Auto, +PEdit
.45 Auto, +P (Over-pressure) is an ammunition designed to fire at a higher internal pressure than standard ammunition to ensure higher velocity, stopping power and a slight armor piercing ability but at the cost of requiring more maintenance than usual. This ammunition can be bought at most vendors in small quantities. It can also be made at a reloading bench.
.45 Auto, hollow pointEdit
.45 Auto, hollow points is an ammunition manufactured by Federal Cartridge corporation and designed to mushroom and break up on impact, causing massive trauma on fleshy, unarmored targets. However, this also means they break up when they hit things like armor plating, drastically reducing the weapon's penetrating power.
.45 super (hand load)Edit
.45 super is an ammunition load designed for much higher pressures than the gun was originally intended to fire. Muzzle velocity is 20% greater than even +P resulting in much better armor penetration and damage, but causing considerable wear to guns not specially designed to operate these "Wildcat" rounds. The player must have the Hand Loader perk to craft this round at a reloading bench.
|Ammunition type||- Ammunition type||Spread modifier||- Weapon Spread modifier|
|Damage modifier||- Weapon Damage modifier||Bonus effect||- Ammo bonus effects|
|Damage Threshold modifier||- Target Damage Threshold modifier||Craftable||- Ammo is craftable|
|Condition penalty||- Weapon Condition modifier||Percentage chance of empty casing||- Percentage chance of empty casing, hull or drained cell/pack/tank|
|Ammunition type||Damage modifier||Damage Threshold modifier||Condition penalty||Spread modifier||Craftable||Percentage chance of empty casing|
|.45 Auto, standard fnvhh||x 1||x 1||x 1||x 1||yes||% chance?|
|.45 Auto, +P fnvhh||x 1.1||- 2||x 1.2||x 1||yes||% chance?|
|.45 super (hand load) fnvhh||x 1.3||- 4||x 2.5||x 1||yes||% chance?|
|.45 Auto, hollow point fnvhh||x 1.75||x 3||x 1||x 1||no||% chance?|
- The .45 Auto round is the only type of ammunition to have different ammunition box models for the different ammunition variants.
- This type of ammo is limited to vendors outside of Zion.
- .45 Auto rounds are one of only 2 ammunition type that can be broken down into exactly the same number of materials needed for their construction, the other being Rockets.
- The Great Khan armorer and Quartermaster Bardon will stock huge amounts of this ammunition and its casings after the completion of Honest Hearts, Bardon is especially reliable as he will usually have over 1200 regular and over 200 +P.
- Sold by most suppliers who deal in weapons (i.e., Gun Runners, Cliff Briscoe, Mick & Ralph's, etc.).