.45-70 Gov't bullet compared to .22LR bullet.
A powerful, .45 caliber, late 19th century era black powder rifle round, .45-70 Gov't (Government) rounds are one of the rarer types of ammunition found in the Mojave Wasteland. However, especially at higher levels, they can be bought in decent quantities from some merchants. The most reliable source of .45-70 Gov't rounds is Gun Runners, as it updates its inventory every three days.
Weapons using this ammunitionEdit
- Brush gun
- Medicine Stick Gun Runners' Arsenal
- Hunting revolver
Standard and SWC .45-70 Gov't rounds can be crafted at a reloading bench. A single cartridge requires the following ingredients:
Powder, rifle (4)
.45-70 Gov't Rounds (1)
Powder, rifle (5)
.45-70 SWC (hand load) (1)
Breaking down a standard .45-70 round yields:
.45-70 Gov't Rounds (1)
Powder, rifle (3)
.45-70 Gov't, hollow pointEdit
Hollow point bullets mushroom or fragment on impact, causing massive trauma to unarmored targets, similar to those of buckshot. On the flip side however, since the bullet loses all of its energy upon contact, it will hardly be able to penetrate armored targets.
.45-70 Gov't, SWC (hand load)Edit
Flat-nosed round designed to deal maximum damage to targets at close range by tumbling when it hits. This type of round was originally designed to shoot paper targets. This ammunition type puts a severe strain on a gun's condition due to its extremely heavy powder load. It requires the Hand Loader perk to craft.
|Ammunition type||- Ammunition type||Spread modifier||- Weapon Spread modifier|
|Damage modifier||- Weapon Damage modifier||Bonus effect||- Ammo bonus effects|
|Damage Threshold modifier||- Target Damage Threshold modifier||Craftable||- Ammo is craftable|
|Condition penalty||- Weapon Condition modifier||Percentage chance of empty casing||- Percentage chance of empty casing, hull or drained cell/pack/tank|
|Ammunition type||Damage modifier||Damage Threshold modifier||Condition penalty||Spread modifier||Craftable||Percentage chance of empty casing|
|.45-70 Gov't, standard||x 1||x 1||x 1||x 1||yes||35% chance|
|.45-70 Gov't, SWC (hand load)||x 1.2||- 6||x 3||x 1||yes||20% chance|
|.45-70 Gov't, hollow point||x 1.75||x 3||x 1||x 1||no||35% chance|
- Can be pick-pocketed from NCR Rangers and NCR Veteran Rangers (Note that pickpocketing ammunition cases rather than the ammunition itself will always succeed and accrues no Karma loss)
- Can be purchased from Alexander at the Gun Runners outpost underneath the 188 Trading Post overpass
- Can be found on several members of the Great Khans in Red Rock Canyon
- Can be bought at Gun Runners outside the East Gate to Freeside
- Knight Torres can have the normal ammunition in stock
- A fairly large amount of this ammunition can be found in the Legion Supply Cache during the Caesar's Favor quest
- Around 400-600 rounds can be bought off Quartermaster Bardon every 72 hours at Hoover Dam offices. This is not always the case.
- Can be purchased from the Great Khan armorer at the Great Khan armory
- Can be purchased from Mick at Mick & Ralph's at higher levels (After passing a Speech check of 30, asking for his special inventory)
- Can be purchased from Blake from the Crimson Caravan Company.
- Can be found in the NCR Ranger safehouse
- Can be acquired from lobotomites if they have the hunting revolver or brush gun equipped
- Several rounds can be found in the underwater Lake Mead Cave.