| ||For an overview of .44 ammunition types in the Fallout series of games, see .44 magnum.|
.44 round, magnum
Very few enemies carry weapons that use this ammunition, and as such it is virtually never found on bodies and must be either purchased or looted from stockpiles, where it is still uncommon. With the Scrounger perk, .44 magnum ammunition still remains less common than 10mm or .32 caliber ammunition. However, significant caches can be found, drastically improving the usefulness of those powerful weapons.
Weapons using this ammunitionEdit
- Scoped .44 magnum
- Lincoln's repeater
- Mysterious Stranger's .44 magnum (console command only)
- Callahan's magnum Broken Steel
- Paulson's revolver Mothership Zeta (add-on)
- Randomly ammunition boxes might have this ammo type.
Several merchants will frequently have large quantities of .44 magnum ammunition in stock (10, 15, even 20+):
- Chief Gustavo in Tenpenny Tower.
- Flak 'N Shrapnel's in Rivet City.
- Sydney after completion with her as a companion in the Stealing Independence quest.
- Lucky Harith, the caravan merchant dealing in weapons (after merchandise upgrades at Canterbury Commons).
- Smiling Jack in Evergreen Mills.
- Tulip in Underworld.
- Knight Captain Durga in Citadel
- Moira Brown in Megaton
- Knick Knack in Little Lamplight
- Michael Masters in Tenpenny Tower after helping the ghouls move into the tower.
- Pronto in Paradise Falls, after bringing him 20 Chinese assault rifles.
- Seagrave Holmes in Rivet City.
- Lydia Montenegro in Tenpenny tower.
- Point Lookout (add-on) Mistress Panada in The House of Wares.
- The Pitt (add-on) Friday in The Pitt Downtown
|Closest map marker||Amount||Description|
|Bethesda Ruins||Roughly 20 .44 rounds||In the West Offices, up the left staircase and in the door to the right, there are some .44 rounds in the desk.|
|Cargo hold fo3mz||2 ammunition boxes||Along the conveyor belt where there are loads of ammunition boxes, 2 of them have .44 rounds inside of them.|
|Chryslus Building||Roughly 10 .44 rounds||East side of the building upon entering, through door locked with an average terminal in an ammunition box beneath a table with a scoped magnum and Guns and Bullets.|
|Chryslus Building||Roughly 10 .44 rounds||North from the last location in Chryslus building (shown above) down the stairs into the building reception area on the shelves to the right immediately upon entering, in an ammunition box.|
|Engineering core fo3mz||Over 20 .44 rounds||Next to decompression chamber, under a workbench.|
|Rivet City||2 ammunition boxes||In the broken bow there are two ammunition boxes with .44 rounds in them.|
|Tepid Sewers||Over 20 .44 rounds||In the metro tunnel where Rocksalt hangs out.|
|Tepid sewers||2 ammunition boxes||In-between Tepid sewer and Farragut West Metro Station|
- In the Citadel, ammunition is restored to the armory (within the lab, and conveniently next to a room with beds available for sleeping) every 3 days. Sleeping for (3) 24 hour periods will usually make .44 ammunition available to be bought in fairly large quantities from the armory. This also works with any of the other arms supply shops, scavengers, and merchants in the game.
- In The Pitt, after the main quest (Free Labor) is complete, the ammo press can make .44 magnum ammunition using any type of conventional ammunition or scrap metal, making this ammunition much easier to get.