| ||For an overview of .44 revolver models in the Fallout series of games, see .44 Magnum revolver.|
The .44 pistol is a double-action revolver, chambered in the .44 Magnum cartridge, with a blued finish and wooden grips. It doesn't have as many customization options as most pistol frames, but these firearms boast considerable ballistic damage.
These pistols are relatively common, and they can be found or purchased throughout the Commonwealth. Aiming down sights is ill-advised for close encounters due to the strong recoil, and with the proper mods it can be made quite accurate for firing from the hip.
|Slot||Mod||Description||Weapon prefix||Damage per shot change||Fire rate change||Range change||Accuracy change||Weight change||Weapon value change in caps||Perk needed||Components||Base ID|
|Receiver||Standard receiver||Standard||–||–||–||–||–||–||–||–||Nuclear material x1|
|Hardened receiver||Better damage.||Hardened||+14||–||–||–||+0.5||+27||–||Adhesive x3|
Nuclear material x2
|Powerful receiver||Superior damage.||Powerful||+27||–||–||–||+0.9||+44||Gun Nut 3||Adhesive x5|
Nuclear material x3
|Advanced receiver||Exceptional damage. Improved rate of fire.||Advanced||+40||+1||–||–||+1.8||+70||Gun Nut 4||Adhesive x6|
Nuclear material x4
|Barrel||Snubnose barrel||Improved hip-fire accuracy. Inferior range and sighted accuracy.||Snubnosed||–||–||–||–||–||–||–||Adhesive x1|
|Standard barrel||Standard.||–||–||–||+36||+1||+1||+6||–||Adhesive x2|
|Bull barrel||Improved hip-fire accuracy.||Bull barrel||–||–||+36||+2||–||+10||Gun Nut 3||Adhesive x5|
|fo4nw Bladed bull barrel||Superior bash. Improved hip-fire accuracy. Inferior range.||Bayoneted||–||–||+?||+2||+1||+27||Gun Nut 3||Adhesive x7|
|Grips||Standard grip||Standard.||–||–||–||–||–||–||–||–||Screw x4|
|Comfort grip||Improved recoil and hip-fire accuracy.||Comfort grip||–||–||–||+4||+0.1||+6||–||Adhesive x1|
|Sights||Standard sights||Standard.||–||–||–||–||–||–||–||–||Adhesive x1|
|Short scope||Improved magnification. Superior sighted accuracy.||Scoped||–||–||–||+12||+0.7||+15||–||Adhesive x3|
|Reflex sight||Better focus and sighted accuracy.||Tactical||–||–||–||+3||+0.3||+19||–||Adhesive x4|
Nuclear material x3
|Recon scope||Tracks targets. Improved magnification. Superior sighted accuracy.||Recon||–||–||–||+12||+1.3||+83||Gun Nut 4|
Fiber optics x3
Nuclear material x5
- Can be looted from dead Triggermen.
- A snubnosed version of this revolver can be found in the Water filtration caps stash lying beside a skeleton close to the shore of the lake near Sanctuary, but before Concord is reached. The skeleton is leaning against a deactivated water pump not far from an unmarked small raider camp. Cross the bridge leaving Sanctuary then follow the shore left, past a dock until you come to the water pump. Follow the pump pipe, it leads directly to the skeleton with the gun.
- A snubnosed .44 pistol may be found in Hardware Town on a table with a box and wine bottle in a room upstairs.
- A snubnosed .44 pistol might be found inside a drawer in the Federal surveillance center K-21B in the south part of the map.
- A snubnosed .44 pistol may be found in an open safe in the upstairs rooms of the National Guard barracks.
- Multiple snubnosed .44 pistols may be found on some of the bodies of raiders in and around Dunwich Borers.
- Can be looted from Railroad Heavies during The Battle of Bunker Hill along with the required ammo.
- fo4nw Can be found on Nuka-Town USA raiders and commonly carry the "Bladed bull barrel" version. It is mostly found on members of the Disciples.
| || |
- Despite likely being a double-action revolver the Sole Survivor and any NPCs equipped with the weapon only ever use it as a single action weapon; meaning the user must manually cock the hammer before firing another shot and giving the weapon a very low rate of fire.
- Despite the standard barrel being considered the "standard" barrel for the weapon, the .44 pistol is more frequently found with the snubnose barrel. This anomaly is shared with the Deliverer and 10mm pistol.
- The weapon is used by the Mysterious Stranger in Fallout 4.