Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
| ||For an overview of .308 munitions in the Fallout series of games, see .308 caliber round.|
The "Grandad's" brand .308 caliber round is a full-size rifle cartridge used primarily in hunting rifles in the United States before the Great War. In the post-War era, it has become a cartridge of choice for high-power conventional weapons and long-range sharpshooters.
The .308 round is the same as the Fallout 3 version and is still used by the sniper rifle and now the hunting rifle. However, the world model for the round was changed from a metal ammunition box to a cardboard box.
Weapons using this ammunitionEdit
- Automatic rifle Dead Money
- Battle rifle fnvgra
- Hunting rifle
- Paciencia fnvgra
- Sniper rifle
.308 standard and JSP rounds can be crafted at a reloading bench. A single cartridge requires the following:
Powder, rifle (5)
.308 round (1)
Powder, rifle (6)
.308, JSP (hand load) (1)
Breaking down a standard .308 round yields:
.308 round (1)
Powder, rifle (4)
.308, armor piercingEdit
Armor-piercing rounds are designed for punching through armor plating, and for this purpose they have a greatly strengthened case with a specially hardened core and shaped nose. Due to the high velocity and penetrative properties of the round, the target's DT is reduced by 15. However, due to the limited expansion of the armor piercing round, damage to the target is reduced by 5%.
.308, hollow pointEdit
Hollow point bullets mushroom and break up on impact, causing massive trauma on fleshy, unarmored targets. However, this also means they break up when they hit things like armor plate, drastically reducing the weapon's penetrating power.
.308, JSP hand loadEdit
Jacketed, soft point ammunition is designed with a semi-jacketed harder metal coating with a soft bullet tip. It offers evenly managed damage and penetrative power. This round will do more damage than armor piercing rounds and hollow point rounds in most situations making it the best all-round .308 ammo. Originally tagged with a 1.5x damage multiplier, as of patch 184.108.40.2062 these rounds now only do 1.3x damage and deteriorate the gun 50% faster than normal. They require the Hand Loader perk to craft.
|Ammunition type||- Ammunition type||Spread modifier||- Weapon Spread modifier|
|Damage modifier||- Weapon Damage modifier||Bonus effect||- Ammo bonus effects|
|Damage Threshold modifier||- Target Damage Threshold modifier||Craftable||- Ammo is craftable|
|Condition penalty||- Weapon Condition modifier||Percentage chance of empty casing||- Percentage chance of empty casing, hull or drained cell/pack/tank|
|Ammunition type||Damage modifier||Damage Threshold modifier||Condition penalty||Spread modifier||Craftable||Percentage chance of empty casing|
|.308 round, standard||x 1||x 1||x 1||x 1||yes||40% chance|
|.308 round, armor piercing||x 0.95||- 15||x 1||x 1||no||40% chance|
|.308 round, JSP (hand load)||x 1.3||x 1||x 1.5||x 1||yes||25% chance|
|.308 round, hollow point||x 1.75||x 3||x 1||x 1||no||40% chance|
- Up to 2000 rounds and a few hundred AP can be bought from Sgt. Contreras in Camp McCarran supply shack every 72 hours. However, he won't have anything for sale if he gets incarcerated.
- After the completion of the Dead Money add-on, the player may receive up to 20 .308 rounds (360 rounds if the player also received a complimentary voucher) from the vending machine in the abandoned Brotherhood of Steel bunker every 72 hours.
- The NCR Rangers that appear at Camp Forlorn Hope carry 150 .308 rounds each.
- The arms merchant sells quite a few .308 rounds at the 188 trading post.
- The Vendortron at the Gun Runners kiosk sells medium quantities of AP, HP, and standard .308 rounds.
- Alexander at the 188 trading post sells .308 rounds.
- Quartermaster Bardon at the Hoover Dam offices sells .308 rounds.
- HELIOS One - On a shelf behind the front desk.
- Rarely found for sale by traveling merchants.
- The Cottonwood Cove HQ contains a lot of .308 ammo boxes on the shelves, along with a hunting rifle.