|The following is based on Fallout Tactics and some details might contradict canon.|
A handful of .303 ammo.”
.303 rounds, despite being significantly heavier rounds than most of the other ammunition available, are quite frankly worthless. Very few .303 rounds can be found through the course of the game, and the two weapons that use .303 are outclassed by early 7.62mm weapons.
However, in multiplayer, .303 rounds are much more valuable, as both the addition of a third, cheap, powerful .303 weapon and the low costs of the base-game .303 weapons makes them more accessible than the 7.62mm weapons.
Weapons using this ammunitionEdit
- 300 cartridges appear on sale at Quartermaster Caligari after completion of the Peoria mission;
- 60 rounds on the Beastlord commander in the Quincy mission;
- 30 rounds can be found in Springfield, in a chest inside the building at the city gates and 30 more in the trunk in the park;
- 200 rounds can be found in Kansas City;
- 112 rounds can be found in Great Bend on a raider;
- 60 rounds bought from a trader in Coldwater;
- 50 rounds sold by Hermit in the Hermit (special encounter);
- 200 rounds sold by the merchant in the Merchant (special encounter)
Behind the scenesEdit
The .303 round was adopted by British forces in the late 1880s, originally as a black-powder cartridge. This round remained the British Army's primary rifle cartridge until the mid-1950s, when it was phased out in favor of the NATO standard 7.62x51mm round.