Just an idea we've had in chat. Some of us were wondering if it was possible for one of the wiki coding wizards to maybe run an online seminar or course, something perhaps a bit more fun and social than a help page. I'm thinking maybe we get a chatroom to discuss stuff and work in the sandboxes..
Its early stages, so no idea how this would work in regards to timezones, or if its something that might have to be run over multiple days or sessions, or if we might have multiple topics or something, but I thought it might be worth a sign up page to see what sort of support we can get.
If you're interested in learning to improve your formatting, editing or templates then let us know; if you think you're a bit of an expert, also let us know. Sign your name in the spot and times you're available (and perhaps your specialist subject if you're a teacher) and if theres demand lets see if we can make it work. Agent c 02:54, February 2, 2012 (UTC)
I'm Interested, and I think I have something to teachEdit
- Hell, why not? MysteryStranger: Trust in the power of Infinity! 21:38, February 2, 2012 (UTC)
I'm Interested, and would like to improve my wiki skillsEdit
- Agent c 02:57, February 2, 2012 (UTC) I've worked out the basics with headings and stuff, but could improve I think. (0000GMT-0300GMT every day, 1200GMT+ Tues, Fri, Sat)
- Hi, C and I came up with this idea and want to know what you all think. I love to edit pages, and I want to start editing my profile, but I only know how to do TWO things with wiki's coding. I understand that it's simple once you learn how to do it, but that's the thing, hardly any of us actually KNOW how to do it! I can only add bug confirm tags and verify tags. Anyone that has something that they would be willing to teach the rest of us would be gladly welcomed! Thanks :) Tocinoman 02:59, February 2, 2012 (UTC)
- TwoBearsHigh-Fiving I'm good with editing. I'd like to get in to the more advanced stuff now.
- I Run two Wikias of my own yet know nothing about Wiki Codeing.TheNemesisx 03:10, February 2, 2012 (UTC)
- I've always been interested in it, but never learned any coding. Count me in. TrailerParkApe TPA 21:40, February 2, 2012 (UTC)
- Where do I sign up? Oh, wait, I just did. I'd like to learn some more template stuff. I've figured out some of the parsing functions on my own, but there's lots more I would like to know. 22:44, February 2, 2012 (UTC)
- I'm terrible at coding and things like that would love to improve my skills! The Australian Kiwi 12:38, February 10, 2012 (UTC)
Comments and questionsEdit
I'll see how it goes. I'm sure I could teach some people about basic templates and general usage of them, but I'm no Porter21. It would do my ego some good to have people hanging off my every word. I'm just not sure how it could work within live chat, but I'll decide if I want to teach some basics (or if I'm even good enough to) once everything has been sorted out. 06:54, February 2, 2012 (UTC)
- Just a thought, but GhostAvatar has been very helpful anytime I've had questions and could catch him in chat. I wonder if we reach out to him if he'd be open to doing a little teaching. 22:45, February 2, 2012 (UTC)
Wika's Template SeminarEdit
Wikia is having their own Webinar on Templates this Friday: http://community.wikia.com/wiki/Webinars
I'm hoping to "Attend" although my connection is currently spotty. I figure its best if we hold this for now, and I'll contact everyone who's interested afterwards to see if we still need to run our own version. Agent c 22:01, February 7, 2012 (UTC)
I attended the seminar. It was pretty good and I learnt a few things, but I think one Nukapedia which is specific to our content would be helpful. The Australian Kiwi 23:58, February 10, 2012 (UTC)