| ||This forum page has been archived. Please do not make any further edits unless they are for maintenance purposes.|
Three weeks ago a new navigation menu system was activated, the so-called Expanded Wiki Navigation. One of the advantages compared to the old menu is that it adds an extra level of navigation and gives it more color. Some downsides heard on the forum thread was that recent changes in the top-right corner has become a 2-click step and my own observation was less room for the top level menu (had to shorten Community to Comm.)
At the time I said it was going to be a try-out, and now I'd like to ask the community if we should keep this feature or go back to the old system.
Yes is for keeping the Expanded Wiki Navigation feature and No means you want the old menu back.
- neutral I think we should only change the Contribute button, that's all. MysteryStranger: Trust in the power of Infinity!
- neutral I agree with mystery, if we can get the contribute button back to how it was and still have the panel then it would be better. The Australian Kiwi 20:34, March 22, 2012 (UTC)
- yes Comments below
- yes It's good that there's been some time to get used to it. I can say now that this is my preference. -SigmaDelta54(Talk) 21:11, March 22, 2012 (UTC)
- no aside from the recent changes not being as accessible as I'd like, I've found it annoying as a trackpad user, I move to say community, then go to say chat or forum, but oops along the way I've forgotten my spirit level and moved a pixel too far up, and have to start from the start. Drop downs are more accessable to us "less co-ordinated" Agent c 21:13, March 22, 2012 (UTC)
- no I do not like the layout of the navigation bar, and I personally think our original layout before this test drive took over was much better. TrailerParkApe TPA 21:54, March 22, 2012 (UTC)
- no Yeah, I don't like it. -- 02:46, March 29, 2012 (UTC)
- yes I personally don't mind it at all and it's turned out to be more helpful than not in my own experiences. Skål!
- yes Added the recent changes to the toolbar 2 weeks ago and have gotten used to it just in time to vote yes now. Still, Comm. doesn't read as well as Community.. Jspoel
13:10, March 29, 2012 (UTC)
- neutral It's okay I guess, but it's annoying when it moves to a difference place by accident. -- 13:22, March 29, 2012 (UTC)
- no Must admit I still find it tedious. Φύλαξ [~μίλησε μου~] 15:47, March 29, 2012 (UTC)
- no The example that Chad makes pretty much sums it up. Hugs "Say 'ello to my little friend!"
While I think it looks very ugly, with the additional level 3 links it has done for me what a navigation menu should: it's helped me navigate faster. I resolved the "Recent changes" button issue by adding it to my tool bar. Even if we change back, I think I like it down there better as the tool bar scrolls with you. You never need to return to the top of the page to get back to recent changes. I fully understand if others really don't like it for it's looks, though. 20:40, March 22, 2012 (UTC)
So what happens next? We got 5 no, 4 yes and 3 neutral votes. MS: Destiny conquers all. 20:37, March 29, 2012 (UTC)
By a narrow margin, the community has decided wanting to return to the old menu system. Turns out the expanded wiki navigation still has some flaws, but when that's worked on by Wikia, it can be given another try-out in the future. Jspoel 20:17, March 30, 2012 (UTC)