| ||This forum page has been archived. Please do not make any further edits unless they are for maintenance purposes.|
It is with great trepidation that I post this, my request to become a chatmod.
Who am I?
My history with the wiki however apparently goes back to 2008, but I wasn't particularly active here until the Oasis debacle (the skin, not the Gallaghers) and then it was mostly comments on news and forums - I was trying to fill the lore-sharing gap Ausir created when he was banned from the Bethesda forums.
My history with Fallout goes back even further, before there was a Vault I could be found on Jason Michal's Fallout PnP yahoo group, and from there I wrote a terrible (both in writing style and lack of adherence to canon) source-book... Since this was back when you actually had to wait for the next edition of the Fallout Bible to be written, I think its fairly safe to say I'm older than many of you.
Well, age may not have given me wisdom yet, but its hopefully given me a little maturity so there's no question of me abusing any powers the community chooses to give me.
This is also the first step in a grander plan; I'll be honest and share that with you. With the Beth v Interplay newsposts, I think its become clear that the newsposts need a "cop on the beat" to help moderate them when we have big news - and given that I write a good chunk of it, and spend a lot of time responding to comments and queries, I seem to be in the right place for this; however only an admin can do that.
Whilst I don't think I've proven to you all I can be a good admin yet (and also currently don't meet the requirements in any case) we've got some time up our sleeves (I don't think Fallout 4's coming out this year, but maybe we'll start to see some previews), so there's time for me to get everything in order and prove to you good folks I'm suited for can be trusted with that sort of role.
This doesn't mean I see Chatmod as some poor cousin to Admin - I'm fairly regular in my appearances in chat, from 0000GMT daily, and parts of the afternoon GMT on Tuesdays and Fridays; and whenever I come into chat, it generally means I've got the recent activity window open too, so I'm also looking out for other stuff that may be happening on the wiki that might need someone to take action on.
Just before I post this, I do wanna say I'm a little embarrassed about the article to total edit ratio, and hope to fix that over the coming months; in my defense some of it is a whole bunch of comments and stuff from before I really became active here, and then there's a fair bit of response to questions on news posts... But I'm still over the line by some margin for ChatMod.
|Type of edits||Edit count|
|Fallout Wiki talk||63|
|User blog comment||3,687|
I'm Scarface, and I approve of this message. Hugs "Say 'ello to my little friend!"
So, how about it?
- yesI would rather see you run for Moderator but i guess this is a first step towards it XD.TheNemesisx 22:25, January 26, 2012 (UTC)
- yes Agent c is always respectful and helpful. -ΣΔLet's talk! 22:53, January 26, 2012 (UTC)
- yes As I've said before, I often forget you're not a chat mod.JASPER//"Do you like hurting other people?" 22:58, January 26, 2012 (UTC)
- yes This shifty bastard? Of course! Skål!
- yes You don't need article edits to be a chat mod. If you were applying for admin, that would be a different story... --Kastera (talk) 23:08, January 26, 2012 (UTC)
- yes Chad is a very respectful, kind guy who abides by the rules and doesn't let things rile him easily. There are not many that deserve this post as much as he does. Plus, his increased frequency in chat shows dedication and his well-written and unbiased news shows maturity; exactly what we need in someone to take care of chat. Ok, essay over. So yes. :) "Even In Death May You Be Triumphant" 23:19, January 26, 2012 (UTC)
- yes For a million reasons, none of which I have time to state. κηδεμόνας [~μιλώ~] 00:09, January 27, 2012 (UTC)
- yes Agent c would make an excellent chat moderator, and it's a logical step to take, given his wide-reaching presence on Nukapedia. Doc Incognito 02:42, January 27, 2012 (UTC)
- Oh my goodness. It's three yesyesyes-- 05:39, January 27, 2012 (UTC)
- yes Why the hell not?--RAM 08:26, January 27, 2012 (UTC)
- yes Yup! Limmiegirl Talk! ♪
- yes MysteryStranger: Trust in the power of Infinity! 10:51, January 27, 2012 (UTC)
- yes Our newsreporter deserves this step up! Jspoel 14:49, January 27, 2012 (UTC)
- yes Plooto 17:01, January 27, 2012 (UTC)
- yes It's about time! Pony of the East 18:21, January 29, 2012 (UTC)